föstudagur, maí 11, 2012

Einstein looking for a new home...

(don´t know why there are no spaces, hope you can understand it anyway!) Hi my name is Einstein and I´m a 3 year old tabby cat, looking for a home. I was born in Iceland in february 2009 and my mom got me and my brother when we were 2 months old. When I was 8 months old I had an accident, well no one knows what happened but I made my way home with 2 broken legs, and my front leg was so badly broken (in 7 pieces) the vet had to amputate it, but the back leg had one clean cut so the vet said to my mom that if she would choose not to put me down they could put a plate in the back leg. When my mom asked if being amputated would decrease my quality of life in any way, the vet said that because I was so young I wouldn´t even remember how it was having 4 legs! (plus in my opinion, having 4 legs is soooooo overrated!) My mom called my grandma sobbing like a little kid because my operation would be so expensive, but she couldn´t bear the thought of having me put down, because, according to her, I´m the best cat in the world! My grandparents were very supportive and my mom´s facebook friends had fundraising for me. I am slightly retarded and my mom was always putting funny stories and photos of me on facebook, so her facebook friends had started to love me a little bit as well (the other ones probably hid my mom from their news feed, she is a bit of a crazy cat lady!) So my mom decided to go ahead with the op so now I only have three legs. It doesn´t really bother me, I can do everything as a normal cat, even jump down from quite high places (even though I do prefer someone helping me down!), and in many cases I think it even works in my advantage, people give me sooooo much attention and I love attention :-D I love being around people and nothing beats a good cuddle, I´m very soft, my mom says I never lost my kitten fur, so I´m kind of alive teddybear.
My temperment is very gentle, I think I have claws but I don´t really know what they are for! o_O
I am very curious and my mom keeps finding me in weird places, in the washing machine, the laundry basket, and I like to sleep in drawers if they are left open!
I don´t mind kids, they can mess about with me, but I don´t really like dogs, they scare me :-/
I moved to England with my mom, and my brother, Albert in 2010. I´ve loved my time here in England and have got loads of friends here. Sadly my mom had to find a home for Albert last year when we moved between places, he is now in a very good home. But now she has to go back to Iceland and can´t afford to take me with her :-( They have these stupid quarantine rules over there and it is so expensive! It is heartbreaking because my mom loves me so much and really wanted her son to get the chance to get to know me, but I hope I can bring the same joy as I have brought my mom, into someone elses live :o) (and maybe get some treats instead?) So if you, or anyone you know can offer me a good and loving home that would be well appreciated. I´m only 3 years old so I should have about at least 10 good years left in me! Having only 3 legs does not affect me in any way and will not result in higher vet bills or anything like that. My mom has looked well after me so I´m neutered, and have regular flee and worm medicines. Here are more photos of me (I´m quite photogenic even if I say so myself!): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150952574575041.476154.579915040&type=1 (you have to copy/paste the link) Just contact my mom if you think you can give me a good, permanent home, lots of love, Einstein x

1 ummæli:

Sol i Hjarta sagði...

Hæ hæ,
ég er að reyna hjálpa Einstein að fá heimili í London... eflaust einhver sem þekkir einhvern.

Á gamlan æskuvin sem býr þarna og er búin að senda spurninguna til hans.

Ömurlegt hvernig þessu er háttað á Íslandi, hvað þyrfti hann að vera lengi í einangrun?

Spurning um að hefja nýja söfnun svo litli gaurinn fái að kynnast kisa.

Farðu vel með þig mín kæra.